Wiseman Innovations, LLC.
Information Collection and Use
Below is a list of the Personal Information Wiseman collects and how we use it with your consent. You may be asked additional questions regarding items on this list to ensure we have your consent to collect and use your Personal Information for specific purposes.
- Registration — When you register for the Service, we may collect your Personal Information as part of the registration process, including but not limited to your email address, name, address, location, provider and program preferences.
- Self-Reported Health-Related Information — When/if applicable, we may collect the information that you enter during the course of using the Service, such as information regarding patients health and/or medical condition and related behaviors.
- Provider-Reported Health-Related Information — When/if applicable, we may collect the information about patients that is submitted with your permission by your practice during the course of using the Service, such as information regarding health and/or medical condition, including information that is protected under the HIPAA privacy and security regulations.
- Communications With a Health Professional — We collect communications that take place through the Service between you and other staff members and/or healthcare providers.
- Social Information — We collect information that you provide to us through the Services, pertaining to the people with whom you consent to share Personal Information (such as a staff member, another healthcare provider or vendor), as well as communications within the Services between you and such individuals.
- Demographic Information — We may also collect demographic information, such as age, gender and geographic location, as part of the Service.
- Automatically Tracked Health-Related Information — We may use automated methods to track data from other biometric monitoring devices for use in the application or software that you have allowed to communicate with the application or software.
- Product Improvement — Wiseman may utilize demographic and health information, information about your device or equipment, and data derived through your utilization of our Service to help improve the Wiseman product. When/if applicable, we may also send this information to your healthcare provider(s) to help them improve their products or services.
- Surveys and User Research — From time to time, we may send you survey questions or contact you with questions related to your experience to provide us with feedback on our Service. We collect any responses that you provide. Participation in surveys or research tasks is elective and does not necessarily impact your access to the Service. We may provide this information to healthcare providers or sponsor to help them improve their products or services.
- Marketing Communication — We occasionally may contact you via email about new product and features. You may remove your name from our mailing lists to stop receiving these emails.
- Mobile Devices — If you are accessing the Service through a program whereby you receive a sponsored Wiseman-enabled mobile device, we will collect and manage your data and other telephonic information as part of the device provision and maintenance.
- Browser Extension — If you are accessing the Service through a browser extension, we will collect and store information obtained from your use of the browser extension. Collected information may include demographic information about the patients you search on the browser extension through the Electronic Medical Records (“EMR”) system. The browser extension may also collect and store information about the URLs of web pages you visit within the supported EMR domains, as well as user’s IP address and browser version. Collected information may be used, including to provide and perform Services requested by you, track user activity for application usage reporting, troubleshoot issues, and/or track user interest/experience to improve Wiseman product and services.
In addition to the uses of Personal Information above, we may remove the identifiable parts of the information to create de-identified forms (“De-identified Information”). De-identified Information may be compiled with other data in aggregated forms. We use this aggregated or non-aggregated data in the following ways:
- Disclosure for Business Purposes — We may share De-identified Information with institutional clients, partners, investors and contractors for any purposes related to our business practices.
- Product Improvement — We may use De-identified Information for product improvement including the Service as well as third-parties to evaluate their products or services.
- Research — We may use De-identified Information for research whether scientific, marketing, or business in nature. This research may be made public through publication such as within a scientific journal.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Wiseman does not rent, sell, or share Personal Information with other people or non-affiliated companies, except to provide products or services you have requested, when we have your authorization to share such information, or when we provide the information to companies or consultants working on our behalf under confidentiality agreements. These companies and consultants do not have any independent right to share Personal Information.
We may also be required to disclose Personal Information in response to a legal process, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena to comply with its applicable legal and regulatory reporting requirements. We also may disclose Personal Information in response to a law enforcement agency’s request, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our License Agreement, Subscription Agreement, and/or End User Agreement, or to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our products and services and with applicable laws, or as otherwise required or permitted by law or consistent with legal requirements. In addition, we may transfer Personal Information to an entity or individual that acquires, buys, or merges with Wiseman, or our other business units.
Confidentiality and Security
We have taken reasonable and necessary steps to ensure that all Personal Information collected will remain secure by applying end to end TLS 1.1 and data at rest encryption using AES-256. We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and administrative procedures in an effort to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the Personal Information that we collect.
Wiseman is not responsible for and will not be a party to any transactions between you and a third-party provider of products, information or services. Wiseman does not monitor such interactions to ensure the confidentiality of your Personal Information, including credit card information. Any separate charges, data records or obligations you incur in your dealings with third parties linked to or in conjunction with Wiseman’s Service are solely your responsibility.
Accessing, Changing, and Deleting Your Information
You may request access, changes, or deletions to Personal Information and request information about our collection, use and disclosure of such information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We use best efforts to keep our records as accurate and complete as possible. You can help us maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying us of any changes to Personal Information as soon as possible. Your rights to access, change, or delete Personal Information are not absolute. We may deny you such rights when required by law or if the request would likely reveal Personal Information about a third-party.
- Termination — Wiseman reserves the right to decide, at its sole discretion, to no longer offer you the Service. If Wiseman decides to terminate your account, Wiseman will either return or permanently destroy any copies it maintains of your Personal Information in accordance with its obligations under applicable law.
- Children — Wiseman does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13, and our Services are not directed at users under the age of 18. If we find that Personal Information has inadvertently been collected for an individual under the age of 18, we will immediately delete it.
Questions and Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions, or wish to correct Personal Information, please email Wiseman to start the removal process* at LegalandCompliance@wisemani.com or write to us at:
Wiseman Innovations, LLC
4100 Midway Road, Suite 2105,
Carrollton, TX 75007
*Please note, Wiseman may need your healthcare provider’s authorization to complete the removal process.